Monday 10 February 2014

The whole Apocalips obsession

Hi guys!!
So a few months ago I seen this huge rush of people blogging, reviewing and raving about the Rimmel London Apocalips, they we're said to be the "latest beauty craze" and we're hyped up to the sky! They did however seem to come with a warning that if you were not a "bold lip" type of girl, then don't bother! Me being one of these "bold lips make me look stupid" type of people stayed clear and watched as flew off shelves. 
However a little before Christmas I bit the bullet and bought my first apocalips. Now I didn't go for one of the more "muted" colours, oh no! I went all out! Confidence in my mind I purchased the shade Across the Universe, now incase you aren't familiar with this shade, it's a right red!
Now the colour pay off of this is as everyone says, amazing! I don't doubt that for a minute, and yes to be honest I love this, and it seen a lot of action on my lips all over the holidays! However I have one little bug bearer which really outs me off this product.. The smell!!! I don't know what it is, and I can't explain it, it's just not at all pleasant. Not like others like soap and glory or sweet tasting ones.


Although, it didn't stop me from trying another one, just to check if it was just the particular colour I owned that was dodgey! 
Nope, they are all like that! I love everything else about these lip lacquers, the finish, the colours are true to how they first go on, they are long wearing and the are genuinely excellent for showing off a bold lip that won't smudge off your face. It's just the weird taste and smell that comes with it that outs me off buying anymore and wearing it as much as I would love to. 

Thanks guys, see you next Monday! X

5 comments:

  1. I love them. I've only got one though in stellar. But I'd love to get my hands on eclipse and lunar as well.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is stellar another red? I do love them, it's just the funny taste and smell thats puts me off using them so much x

      Delete
  2. It's a mixture between coral and red. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that around, where were these purchased?? Want to get my hand one the Across the Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Across the Universe was purchased at boots in the UK, but i'm sure you could find it online somewhere... or it may be called something different in other countries :)

    ReplyDelete