Friday 9 August 2013

Review: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

So i gave in, and cracked under the pressure of the hype that evolves around one brands eye shadow palettes, of course it's the Urban Decay Naked 2! I had looked at both the Naked and Naked 2 sets for a while after hearing about and seeing so many reviews/tutorials with them! When looking in to them i discovered a more in depth explanation of the colours in each palette and decided i would get most use out of the naked 2 as i wear more of the colours in this palette more frequently. I'm really look to have a very big Debenhams in my hometown which holds counters for many brands such as YSL, Clarins, Benefit, BareMinerals and Urban Decay. P.S be aware, this is quite a long blog.. but stay with me!


So after purchasing the first thing i wanted to do was to just go home and try out as many colours as was humanly possible in one eye look.. (I advise you don't follow in my footsteps and try this) So after making a complete mess of my eyes that now looked like i'd been in make-up for the set of a house fire!  I looked and try the colours more "professionally" and so they actually looked nice! 

I discovered that there were so many eye looks hat could be created with just this one palette and this was when i realised what all they hype was about! There are shadows in thus palette to create any type of look you could ever possibly want, and i most probably use this palette 90% of the time i wear make-up because the wide range of lovely colours allows me to! The shadows are so highly pigmented, are really easy to blend to however you want them to look and the set comes with a double end brush that can help you achieve that!

Now let me tell you about my favourite colours, not for any specific look, just because when ever i use them i absolutely love them! Blackout: the rich black colour is perfect if i want a really smokey eye or to line my lash line before or without eye liner! Half Baked: Such a lovely shimmery gold that just screams "party shade" and this colour is a must for a black and gold smokey eye! And finally Tease: I often wear this colour and nothing else in a casual day look! It's also a perfect crease colour for building and bleeding colours! 

Phew.. thats it! Thanks for sticking with me if you have, and i've got some really exciting new things to review within the next couple of weeks! Hope to see you again! x

2 comments:

  1. I've got Naked, but really want to try Naked 2 it's got gorgeous shades :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would definitely recommend it, they should be cheaper now as i bought it when it first come out and that was a while ago, the shades are so lovely and so easy to work with! The rumour is if you love the Naked you love the Naked 2 even more.. so i'll leave that one for you to decide :') x
    Thanks for the comment x

    ReplyDelete