Monday 20 January 2014

My latest skin care favourites

Hi Guys! In this blog I'm going to discuss my skin care, what I like, what works for me and how I go about looking after my skin. 

Now I've never been good at looking after my skin and every year it becomes a New Years resolution to look after my skin more, so I end up buying a bunch of products to try out and see how I find them. But the truth is I'm lazy, when I get in I want to get my make-up off quickly and settle down for the night. For a a while I used the MAC cleanse off oil, and it worked brilliantly for me it removed my make up and protected my skin from breakouts. However once the formula was changed my skin had an allergic reaction to it and I was devastated. Since then I have never really bad a skin care routine in general, never mind one that I was happy with. I have quite dry skin that can be prone to breakouts. 
The past few months have however changed for me and I've noticed a massive change in my skin (for the better) one of these products I have previously spoke about which was the Loreal 3 in 1 purifying solution 
The other products I am using are as follows; Clinique Foaming cleanser- I love how I swipe this on, rub it with water and my make up is off and squeaky clean! 
My next product is also Loreal, I bought this to see how it compared to the MAC cleanse off oil, surprisingly it did the job and got the makeup off once it was mixed with water, I do however feel kr slightly dries my skin, but I do enjoy using it and the clean after feel!
The final product is one I had done a lot of research into after seeing a lot of YouTubers talk about it as favourite skin care products! It is the La Roche-Posay targeted breakout corrector! I have been using this for 2 weeks and can honestly say I have never known my skin be in much better condition, it has stopped and cleared up break-outs, my skin feels smooth, soft, moisturised and pure. 
I would most definitely recommend trying these products out if your as lazy and uncomplicated as me!

See you soon! X

4 comments:

  1. Hey hun, just been reading your blogs. I really like them, i think you and I have very similar tastes in beauty! Just wanted to know what skin type you have as i'd be quite tempted to purchase some of these products if we have same skin -I'm combi. As i'd quite like to try the 'La Roche - how much would i be looking at to pay / also where is the best place to buy it? as i've noticed recently i've had a bit of breakout along my forehead and this has never happened! I was also talking to another bblogger on here and her new years resolution is to find the perfect skin care routine too! (myself included!) So i totally see where you're coming from. Anyway I look forward to your next installment and hopefully you'll pop along to my blog and give me a little follow :) Thanks Char xx http://charlotte-louise-t.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have dry patches under my eye area but i can also be a bit oily in the T zone, i had a skin consultation with Clinique and they told me with them i was a skin type 2 if thats any more of a help! I bought the La Roche in boots for £9.50 i believe , which at first i thought was a bit steep for a brand i had never really heard of, but like you i had an unusual breakout on my forehead and around my chin and it honestly cleared it up! Jess xx

      Delete
  2. Is that Effaclar K? I tried it a couple of months back and it didn't do anything for me :( I heard the old formula was amazing, but I bought the new formula and it doesn't work the same. I'm trying out Effaclar Duo right now, and it's a bit better than K, but not that significant. Kind of disappointed honestly. Still need to find a product for my acne!

    May from La Vie En May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's the Effalcar A.I I'm using! Ahh that's so strange.. Your the first I've ever seen not to deep the benefits it have it agree with you! I originally looked for the duo but it wasn't available in my Boots at the time so I'm using this, but I absaloutely love it!

      Delete