Monday 16 June 2014

Let's Get Summer Essential

Hi Guys!

This week i want to share with you my top tips, top products and top essentials for preparing for summer and to keep us happy throughout summer.


The first thing for me when it comes to summer is tan.. yes i fake tan all year round.. but for summer it's just a must! Whether your going to be tanning on a beach. relying on the good old gradual tanner or mixing the both here's what i do! I use St.Tropez tan all year round.. especially for special events and so on, however when it comes to summer and near to my holidays i like to use something a little bit different. I've used the Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Tanning Lotion for a few years now and i really love it! It gives me the perfect base to go on holiday with! Not only that but it also really hydrates my body before it gets thrown in to the heat! It's really cheap (£5.35), easy to apply and you don't need to be a tanning pro to apply it for great results! Check it out here













Next is nails- for me (a collector of nail varnishes) i have a fair few colours to choose from to brighten up any day.. but for summer i like to go bright! Really bright! My favourites are..
Barry M - Guava (a bright turquoise, in the belly formula)
Barry M - Pink Flamingo  (a bright, in your face, pink that not only makes you feel super girly, but super bright a summery!)
Jessica - Electric Teal (as the name suggests a bright teal colour, a gorgeous formula and a beautiful finish)
A  dupe of the above Jessica Polish is a new release from Barry M, it iso ne of their most recent released belly formulas in Kiwi
Finally Sally Hansen - Big Money (a fine gold and purple glitter combo! Goes on like a regular payoff, and loads of glitter pay off!)



Feet- Now i know i'm not a fan of feet, so the thought of getting my feet out in a pair sandals terrifies me. However i have a little secret i use to make my feet look somewhat nicer! It's the soap and glory Heel Genius, i swipe this over my feet every morning and night to ensure my feet are in the bets possible condition! Pair this with one of the above nail polishes and you set to go!

Finally is makeup! When it comes to summer, i hate piling a load of make up on. It makes me feel so claustrophobic and horrible. So i stick to 5 products! 1- a light foundation like the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation or on a good skin day the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer, (thinner foundations or just concealers provide coverage but not cake! A nice light base is what it is all about for summer!) 2- my favourite matte summer bronzer, Benefit Hoola.(i love how this gives colour and definition to a simple look) 3- either Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara or the http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Volum-Express-The-Colossal-Mascara-100-Black_1379053/ (big, bolt eyelashes are my favourite all year round, so this is no change!). 4- A brighter eye look from the Urban Decay Naked 3 (i love the versatility of brighter and more neutral eye looks in this palette). Finally number 5, the lips. Now i'm not a bright lip girl, but i need something hydrating in summer so i really love the Revlon Colour Burst's my personal favourite is Strawberry Shortcake. I like how sheer and hydrating these are, whilst still giving some colour pay off and a beautiful finish.




I hope you feel all ready for summer now, be careful, be good and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment